TPO-14 C1 Locate a political book

TPO-14 C1 Locate a political book

第 1 段
1.Listen to a conversation between the student and librarian employee.
请听一段学生和图书管理员之间的对话
第 2 段
1.Hi, I am looking for this book, the American judicial system.
Hi,我正在找一本叫做《美国司法系统》的书。
2.And I can't seem to find it anywhere.
我好像哪里也找不到。
3.I need to read a chapter for my political science class.
我上的政治科学课需要读到这本书中的一章
第 3 段
1.Let me check in the computer.
我查一下
2.Um, doesn't seem to be checked out and it's not on reserve.
额,这本书应该还没被借走,也没有人预定,
3.You've checked the shelves I assume.
你已经看过那些书架上没有吧
第 4 段
1.Yeah, I even checked other shelves and tables next to where the book should be.
是的,我甚至也查看了旁边的其他书架和桌子
第 5 段
1.Well, it's still here in the library. So people must be using it.
嗯,这本书没被借走。所以应该是有人正在用,
2.You know this seems to be a very popular book tonight.
你知道这本书似乎今晚很受欢迎。

3.We show six copies. None are checked out. And, yet you didn't even find one copy on the shelves.
我们这里有六本这书的拷贝版,没有一本被借出。但是在书架上甚至还找不到一本。
4.Is it a big class?
是上的大课吗?
第 6 段
1.Maybe about Seventy Five?
可能有大约75名学生吧。
第 7 段
1.Well, you should ask your professor to put some of the copies on reserve.
嗯,你应该叫你的老师保留一些拷贝的书目。
2.You know about the Reserve system, right?
你知道保留书目系统吧?
第 8 段
1.I know that you have to read reserve books in the library and that you have time limits.
我知道要把图书馆中保留的书目读完,而且还要在限定时间内。
2.But I didn't know that I could ask a professor to put a book on the reserve.
但我不知道还可以叫老师将某本书放在保留书目里。
3.I mean I thought the professors make that kind of decisions at the beginning of the semester.
我的说,我以为老师们在开学的时候就已经做出这样做了。
4.Oh, they can put books on reserve at anytime during the semester.
噢,他们可以任何时候保留任何书目。
第 9 段
1.You know reserving book seems a bit unfair.
你知道保留用书好像有点不太公平。
2.What if someone who is not in the class wants to use the book?
如果不是这个班里的某个人想用到保留的书目怎么办呢?
第 10 段
1.That's why I said some copies.
这就是为什么我说某些拷贝版的。
第 11 段
1.Ah, well, I'll certainly talk to my professor about it tomorrow. But what I am gonna do tonight?
啊,好的。我明天肯定会跟老师说的。但今晚我要怎么办呢?
第 12 段
1.I guess you could walk around the Poli-Sci (Political Science) section and look at the books waiting to be re-shelved.
我觉得你可以到政治‐科学栏那里转转,帮忙整理一下那些要重新放到书架上的书。

第 13 段
1.There do seem to be more than normal.
那里好像不对劲的啊。

第 14 段
1.We are a little short of staff right now.
我们现在有点缺人手。
2.Someone quit recently, so things aren't getting re-shelved as quickly as usual.
最近有员工离职了,所以没能像平常一样迅速把归还的书放到架子上。
3.I don't think they've hired a replacement yet, so, yeah, the unshelved books can get a bit out of hand.
我觉得他们应该还没雇新员工,所以,是的,那些从书架上拿下来的书放的有点乱。
第 15 段
1.This may sound a bit weird.
这可能听起来有点奇怪。
2.But I've been thinking about getting a job.
但我一直都在想找份工作。
3.Um, I've never work at the library before, but...
嗯,我还从来没在图书馆里工作过呢,但是……
第 16 段
1.That's not a requirement.
不是让你来顶替离职员工的位置。
2.The job might still be open.
这份工作可能还会对外招员工。
3.At the beginning of the semester we were swamped with applications, but I guess everyone who wants the job has one by now.
开学的时候一大堆人申请,但我想要得到这份工的人现在应该都有工作了。

第 17 段
1.What can you tell me about the job?
你能给我具体说下这份工作吗?
第 18 段
1.Well, we work between six and ten hours a week, so it's a reasonable amount.
嗯,我们每周大概工作6到10小时,所以工作时间长度合理。
2.Usually we can pick the hours we want to work.
我们经常可以自由选择工作时间。
3.But since you'd be starting so late in the semester, I'm not sure how that would work for you.
但由于你这学期这么晚才开始接手,我不太确定这种时间安排符合你吗。

4.And, Oh, we get paid the normal university rates for student employees.
还有,噢,我们支付的工资是大学里正常的学生价。
第 19 段
1.So who do I talk to?
那我要跟谁商谈这事呢?
第 20 段
1.I guess you talk to Dr. Jenkins, the head librarian.
应该是Jenkins博士,图书馆馆长,
2.She does the hiring.
她负责招聘事宜。

猜你喜欢

转载自www.cnblogs.com/leihui/p/10241469.html
C1